ar

Musings, rants, diatribes, recollections, inspirations, and of course, whatnot.

Monday, February 23, 2004

Toolboxical...

Have you ever thought about what tools you actually need in your toolbox? I think about that a lot when I'm on my computer at home. I have a ridiculously large assortment of advanced tools, nifty gadgets, and neat little widgets that do various tasks. I have a program that can join video files together so you can view them in one sitting. I have another doodad that can rename multiple files in the blink of an eye. One can pull files from damaged floppy disks and another tells you exactly what type of video compression your movie uses.
You get the picture, I could go on for days. But how much of this stuff do I need? I have used all the ones I mentioned, but what about the one that makes gradient colored toolbars? Or the one which can alter and adjust the little white shortcut arrows on file pointers? Whenever you have a toolbox, I think its important to evaluate for usefulness. How many household toolboxes have crap in them that has no real purpose? My father's has a half-inch diameter Allen wrench. What exactly is that gonna do for him? Our conversational toolboxes are often overflowing with little widgets that have no real purpose. Like my little anecdote that brings home the point of why I don't like orange juice, or my constant tendency to say words with an 'fl' sound. And I know there are some things in my sexual toolbox from my wilder days that would probably get me slapped now. But I so hate to throw things away...

Jason

P.S. There's so much dust in my sexual toolbox that it kind of reminds me of one of the grimmer, more frightening deserts. But I guess I've had my share of rain, so no complaints. Well, almost no complaints. }:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home