ar

Musings, rants, diatribes, recollections, inspirations, and of course, whatnot.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Humbugology...

Another year is gone, and the global pestilence that is Christmas is upon us. It was once a solemn religious celebration of the birth of a religious leader worshipped by a large percentage of the world's population. Since then, its been corrupted into a shrine to the twin golden calves of capitalism and a man in a red suit. And what's with this Santa person? He's supposedly a fat old man who sneaks into people's houses and offers presents to children if they'll 'Be Good'. Does this sound scary to anyone else?
I find my love of Christmas travels in direct proportion to the amount of relationshippy happiness I have. When I'm with someone I love and am happy, I feel like kicking out the jams and letting the fun swell like a tide that can carry us all away. But now, given my long withdrawal from female companionship, Christmas feels like a dip in a burning lake of fire without marshmallows. And also without the nice pleasant warmth. And everyone is so absurdly happy it makes me want to pepper them with entry wounds. Then lets see how Christmassy they think the pool of their red and green blood is.

Bah humbug, and have a happy new year!

Jason

P.S. Do you think if Santa was accused of molestation, he'd have as many supporters as Michael Jackson?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home