ar

Musings, rants, diatribes, recollections, inspirations, and of course, whatnot.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Plongitudes...

My lack of interest in Programming is starting to become obvious to me. I never thought industrial-level programming was going to be my cup of tea, but I was hoping one of the classes I've taken was going to jump out and grab me by the armpit hairs. But it seems like I was a samurai trying to learn blacksmithery to make my own swords or something. Didn't happen.
So what to do? How to proceed, and where to go? I've always been more of the idea man, and there is a place for that in the computer gaming world, but how to get to that point is the question. I mean, no one's going to come looking for a Chief Creative Emperor or what-have-you anytime soon. Professor Steve said in his contacts that they're always looking for people to write on videogame projects. But can a job writing plot and dialogue for a game really lead anywhere? Maybe, but to the Czar-hood that I would really need to explore my own ideas? I don't know...
A large influx of cash would really help me out on that. I think I could get the ball rolling with a couple of hundred thousand dollars, but how can I get my hands on it? Lottery doesn't work, seeing as I don't have money to waste on it. My wealthy relatives are out, seeing as they don't exist, and my robbery skills are seriously underdeveloped. At 29 I'm probably too old to enter that field as a newbie...

Jason

P.S. I was just kidding about the robbery thing. Not gonna rob anybody. Really. Seriously. I'm almost 100% positive about that. }:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home