ar

Musings, rants, diatribes, recollections, inspirations, and of course, whatnot.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Murphictionary...

I've been pondering the nature of control. What is it in our nature that makes us want to grab the reins, to take the wheel, to utter the cliche? And when it comes to writing, is control something you actually want?

In a workshop of a story I wrote recently, there were a lot of questions and suggestions of how to alter and mold it. But the way I wrote it wasn't about control. I thought of the character, and what he said was just what he said, ya know? But then I thought about it a little more, looking past my innate distrust of the revision process. While I still can't even consider trying to control what happens, I think I can work on taking my simple scribbling on to another level. The equivalent of taking a pencil sketch and turning it into a full-color oil painting or of changing position and orientation so as to get a better view of something. We'll see what happens. Hopefully he won't throttle me for making him repeat himself!

}:)

P.S. Otto? WTFF?!?!

P.P.S. For a non-inside joke, I just found a coupon book I got for Burger King. I only have 2 days to eat 47 discounted sandwiches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home