ar

Musings, rants, diatribes, recollections, inspirations, and of course, whatnot.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Meganifty...

I got ahold of some older games the other day, and it was interesting how compelling they still are. People always say that older games were better, but I kind of just shrughed it off as a cliche and as 'Good-Old-Days-itis' . But I'm starting to believe it myself.
I was playing 'Danger Dave', an astonishingly primitive game that could have probably played on the Apple IIC I had when I was like 10, and having a damn good time doing it. This game has no story, no advanced graphics, the sounds it makes are like various pieces of silverware being rubbed against each other and after finishing, my eyes felt like they had retinal burn because of the harsh colors. But I couldn't stop playing, and I was swearing profusely at the trickier moments just like I do with the new cool games.
I'm still can't wait for the Playstation 3 to come out. What a sucker...

Jason }:)

P.S. I think I figured out a way to deduct the cost of constructing a home arcade machine off of my taxes. Ain't America great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home